Wednesday, September 29, 2010

33

It seems like such a nice neat number. It was the number of years that our Lord walked this earth. It is also the age that I will be next month. When I was younger I am sure that 33 seemed so old, but I feel so young! Now I look at my parents and think that they are young too! I guess our definition of "old" changes as we age. 
Anyhow, last week I spoke at an event at our church. There were 45+ women there and I was terrified. Thankfully I had many wonderful friends and family praying me through the experience. I was supposed to share my testimony and then teach a jewelry making class. I was desperately trying to think of a way to combine the two. Then it came to me (thanks, God!). I decided to make a bracelet with 33 beads to represent 33 blessings in my life. These blessings may not all be positive memories, but things that helped me become who I am, and, hopefully, who God wants me to be. So, today I am beginning a new blog series where I will share with you these 33 blessings. God is truly faithful and I hope He is glorified through it! 

1 comment:

brianna said...

Yay you! Looking forward to your 33 posts. :)