Monday, October 4, 2010

33 Blessings - #2 Roelant Family

Well, the flood has dissipated. I am so thankful for Mike and all the equipment he lent us to dry out our home after this happened. Now that life has returned to some kind of normal state I want to get back to my series. If you want to know more about it, read this.

The second blessing that I want to highlight in my life is my dad's side of the family. My grandparents had 16 biological children (no twins or triplets) - 13 boys and 3 girls - in a 23 year span.

My grandparent and their children in 2004
They are all still living except for my Uncle Don who passed away at a few days old. They have 48 grandchildren and 36 (so far) great grandchildren.

My grandparents and their grandchildren and great grandchildren in 2004

  They have been married for 66 years. They were (and still are) farmers who instilled in each of their children the values of faith, family, and hard work. They love each of their children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren individually and are faithful with birthday cards and Christmas gifts. I know that I am lifted up in prayer often. They are getting older, but still do as much as they can. My grandpa turns 90 next week!
I can remember going up to the farm for a week for several summers. I would help grandpa drive the tractor, work the farm stand selling sweet corn, and help grandma in the kitchen. I have fond memories of playing with my cousins. Not everyone has the privilege of growing up in a large family. It really can be a lot of fun. When I graduated high school two of my cousins did as well and we had a joint graduation party. While I was pregnant in 2003 so were three of my cousins and two of my aunts. I had a joint baby shower with my cousin Debi who gave birth to her daughter just three days after Sierra was born. I am so thankful for the entire Roelant family and the love and support they have given me over the years!

The bead that represents the Roelant Family

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Lovely post about the family :-) I check for your posts like 80 times a day....hehe!!